Thursday, November 15, 2007

The coolest thing I read about today was the XO Laptop.

MIT media/technology guy, Nicholas Negroponte, developed a laptop for about $200 with the mission of giving kids in developing nations computers. These are kids that most likely don't have access to computers or technology in their schools.
The review of the machine is that it's pretty great. These laptops won't be sold to the US -- but until Nov. 26th the US and Canada can get one if they donate another to a child in a developing nation. Total cost is $399 plus shipping, with a $200 tax deductible donation. Laptopgiving.org helps you do that.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I think it's a smart idea. If I had the money I'd donate. But since I don't, I emailed my parents about this amazing opportunity to help children that need them. :)

No comments: