Sunday, January 13, 2008

I’m still pretty into deleting. I thought this might calm down after ringing in 2008 – and crossing the symbolic lines of a “new beginning.” But the deleting hasn’t calmed down. It might, actually, be worst.

I deleted an old friend. He’s terrible at returning phone calls, he’s a dreamer and traveler and is currently wandering around. I’ve emailed. I’ve left messages. I’ve texted. The response is slow and I always am ticked off until I hear from him. And then after I hear from him, I’m happy and forget about the 3 weeks of wondering why my friend is such a scrub. So I deleted him. I pride myself at always making the effort to be in touch. So it will be interested to see when I hear from him next. It will have to be by his own initiation.

My brother has been deleted for a while as well. Not much to say. He’s in a terrible place and spreads bad juju all over. I needed a break, so I’m taking one.

I also have deleted a big portion of my closet. It’s just stuff. It’s T-shirts I don’t wear. It’s clothes I wore when I was a bigger size. It’s things I think “well maybe I’ll wear that again.” It’s gone (well nearly gone, it’s in my trunk ready to go to good will).

And when I look around my apartment I wonder, “what can I sell”, “what can I give away?”, “what can I throw away?”…

The deleting still feels healthy. It feels empowering to let go of things that are heavy. I guess it concerns me, a little, that I’m deleting people. But sometimes you need people to find you, reach out to you, make you feel you are just as important to them as they are to you. You know?

I started knitting fingerless gloves. They’re pretty cute and turning out nicely. Found a good pattern.

Since a bunch of my friends are blue and happy to stay in their apartments during the winter months, I’ve found that Tony is a great winter friend. His lovely wife is a S.A.D. person in the winter and prefers early bed times – so he’s been meeting up with me during the weekend to have fun. Two weekends ago it was the crazy evening ending at Jason’s. Last night it was meeting at the Red Dragon and walking to the VFW to hear the Motorhead guy sing karaoke.

I learned that cute Nate is a closet Whitney Houston fan, as I heard him sing along to “How Will I Know?” and “Where Do Broken hearts Go?"... I also heard him sing almost every word to "Stay" by Lisa Loeb. It was fantastic.

No comments: